Travel insurance with coronavirus cover
We’ve made some important changes to our cover for new customers and existing customers renewing with us.
Some examples of what we'll cover:
- Medical and repatriation costs if you become unwell with any coronavirus (including COVID-19) or contagious disease
- If your trip or holiday has to be cancelled because you or a travelling companion are diagnosed with any coronavirus (including COVID-19) or contagious disease and are unable to travel
- Emergency repatriation costs to bring you home if the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) impose travel restrictions (while you're at your destination), either in the UK or at your destination, and has requested you to return to the UK
Some examples of what we don't cover:
- Costs because you decided to cancel your trip or holiday if you don’t want to travel due to any coronavirus (including COVID-19) or contagious disease
- Costs because the FCDO or public authorities have imposed travel restrictions or a lockdown
- Additional transport or accommodation costs after you left home because the FCDO imposed travel restrictions or lockdown either in the UK or at your destination.
See how our travel insurance compares
|Travel insurance provider||LV=||Admiral||Axa Direct||Post Office Money||More Than|
|Level of cover used for comparison|| Premier
|Defaqto 5-Star rated||No Rating|
|Online discount available|
|£10k cancellation limit|
|No excess for personal liability cover|
|£500 for lost or stolen valuables|
|£500 for lost driving licence|
Are you struggling to find the cover you need because of an existing medical condition?
If we can't cover your medical condition, or the premium is higher than you expected, help is still available…
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have worked with firms to create a Medical Cover Firm Directory. The directory lists all the firms that may be able to provide a policy to cover your medical conditions.
You can find this directory on the Money Advice Service's website, or give them a call on 0800 138 7777. Open hours Mon - Fri 8am to 6pm.