Why do I need dog insurance?
There’s nothing quite like the unconditional love you feel from your dog. Rain or shine, you know they’ll stay by your side. That’s why it's crucial you make sure your puppy is covered should anything happen to them. Dog insurance from LV= will cover you if your dog ever needs medical attention or physical therapy, and will even help you out if you need to cancel a holiday due to your dog becoming unexpectedly ill. Find out more about our coverage below…
Why choose LV= dog insurance?
From vet fees to holiday cancellation, we're here when you need us
- Get a 10% discount for your first year of cover when you buy online
- Free 24/7 access to online vets
We’ve teamed up with FirstVet to offer you free 24/7 video consultations with qualified vets.
- £10,000 Vet fees
For illness and injury, we cover up to £10,000 per year with our Lifetime pet cover
- Choose between Lifetime and Time Limited cover
Our £10K Lifetime pet policy is Defaqto 5 Star rated
- Lost pet?
We'll reimburse you for up to £1,500 to advertise for your missing cat; including up to £500 that can be used for a reward
- Complementary therapies
We cover treatments like acupuncture, hydrotherapy, osteopathy, physiotherapy or chiropractic therapy
- Direct payments to your vet
We can pay your vet directly, so you’re not out of pocket
- Holiday cancellation
Cover if you have to cancel your holiday because your cat gets lost, stolen or needs emergency treatment
More about LV= pet insurance for dogs
Dog insurance Cover options
Not sure what dog insurance you need? Here are two options to get your teeth into
- Our time-limited policies will cover an illness or condition for a maximum of 12 months from the date of the first treatment up to the limit you choose
- Cover most suited for short-term illnesses and injuries
- Our Lifetime policies will provide cover for all illnesses or conditions that occur in the policy year, up to the policy limit you choose. The policy limit is then refreshed and applied again at renewal, so you know your furry family member is always covered, provided you remain insured with us
- Reassuring if your pet develops a long-term illness or injury
Multi pet insurance
What factors can affect the price of my pet insurance policy?
Many factors affect the price you pay for your pet insurance. Remember, sometimes the cheapest pet insurance may not offer the most comprehensive cover. Here's what we take into account:
- Your pet’s breed. The breed of your pet will impact the price of your insurance.
- Your dog or cat's age. The cost of insuring your pet will go up as they get older.
- Your pet’s gender. Normally, you will pay more for your pet insurance if you have a male cat or dog.
- Previous claims. Any claims you make on your policy will impact your premium at renewal
- Where you live. The cost of treating your pet may vary in different areas of the country.
- Advances in medical treatment. With so many developments in medicine and complementary therapies, it means the cost of treating cats and dogs is going up.
- Changes in legislation. Insurance companies have no say on how much tax is charged on each policy. The government sets the rate of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).