Insuring your pet
Look, we all know that cats think they have nine lives and dogs often think they’re humans, so as a pet owner, the health of your companion comes first. From health conditions to unexpected accidents, you want to know that your animals are protected… that’s where we come in!
LV= pet insurance gives you peace of mind when your pet is poorly, so you can just focus on giving them the TLC they need. We’ll even help you out if they go missing.
Want to know more? Let’s get into it…
What's covered by our pet insurance?
We're here when your cats and dogs need more than a little TLC
- Get a 10% discount for your first year of cover when you buy online
- Free 24/7 access to online vets
We’ve teamed up with FirstVet to offer you free 24/7 video consultations with qualified vets.
- £10,000 Vet fees
For illness and injury, we cover up to £10,000 per year with our Lifetime pet cover
- Choose between Lifetime and Time Limited cover
Our £10K Lifetime pet policy is Defaqto 5 Star rated
- Lost pet?
We'll reimburse you for up to £1,500 to advertise for your missing cat or dog; including up to £500 that can be used for a reward
- Third party liability
Our pet policies offer you up to £2million third party liability cover for costs and compensation if your dog has injured someone, or caused damage to someone's property
- Complementary therapies
We cover treatments like acupuncture, hydrotherapy, osteopathy, physiotherapy or chiropractic therapy
Not sure what cover your pet needs? Here are two options to get your teeth into
Our Lifetime policies will provide cover for all illnesses or conditions that occur in the policy year, up to the policy limit you choose. The policy limit is then refreshed and applied again at renewal, so you know your furry family member is always covered, provided you remain insured with us. This is reassuring if your pet develops a long-term illness or injury
Our Time limited pet policies will cover an illness or condition for a maximum of 12 months from the date of the first treatment up to the limit you choose. This cover is most suited for short-term illnesses and injuries
UK Pet Insurance for Dogs, Cats or Multi Pet Cover
Multi Pet Cover
Having one pet is a full-time job, let alone having multiple! With our multi pet insurance, you can cover puppies, dogs, kittens and cats, and can tailor the level of cover to the needs of each individual pet.
Insurance for your Dog
Your puppy deserves only the best in life. With coverage from LV=, you can make sure they always get it. Our dog insurance protects you from unexpected vet bills, and we also cover complementary treatments like physio or acupuncture, should your dog ever need them.
Insurance for your Cat
Make sure your feline friend is protected with LV= cat insurance. Our coverage makes sure you can rest easy, even if your cat requires unexpected medical treatment.
Frequently asked questions
More about LV= pet insurance
Multi pet cover
More than one in your pack? We'll cover the whole gang
- Cover for puppies, dogs, kittens or cats, we offer different levels of cover to suit you and each of your pets
- Protection if you're faced with unexpected vet fees
- We insure kittens and puppies from just eight weeks of age
Everything you need to support you and your cats and dogs.
FirstVet video consultations
We offer our existing pet insurance customers access to free veterinary video consultations with FirstVet. With the FirstVet service, you can video chat with a vet all from the comfort of your own home!
Pet breed guide
Not sure which dog breed is right for you, or want to learn more about your cat? Our guides feature in-depth info on the temperament, personalities and general health of popular cat and dog breeds.
Browse our pet insurance articles for tips on everything from keeping your pets happy whatever the weather to tips on bringing home your first pet. There's something for everyone.
What factors can affect the price I pay?
Many factors affect the price you pay for your pet insurance. Remember, sometimes the cheapest pet insurance may not offer the most comprehensive cover. Here's what we take into account:
- Your pet’s breed. The breed of your pet will impact the price of your insurance.
- Your dog or cat's age. The cost of insuring your pet will go up as they get older.
- Your pet’s gender. Normally, you will pay more for your pet insurance if you have a male cat or dog.
- Liability. As the cost of liability claims increase, prices have to go up to cover these costs.
- Where you live. Areas with typically higher treatment and medication will have a bearing on the cost of your pet insurance.
- Advances in medical treatment. With so many developments in medicine and complementary therapies, it means the cost of treating cats and dogs is going up.
- Changes in legislation. Insurance companies have no say on how much tax is charged on each policy. The government sets the rate of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).
Want to know more about how we calculate your premium? Read our guide.
Still deciding? See what some of our customers think
out of 10
Read 893 reviews