Compare our Landlord Insurance policy
The cheapest landlord insurance may not always offer the right cover. See how our landlord insurance compares...
|Landlord Insurance Provider||LV=||Direct Line||Saga||More Than||Axa|
|Level of cover used for comparison||Landlord insurance||Landlord insurance||Landlord insurance||Residential insurance||Landlord insurance|
|Buildings accidental damage||Standard||Optional||Standard||Standard||Optional|
|Loss of rent||£50,000||Optional||20% of buildings sum insured||Optional||Optional|
|Property owner's liability**||£5 million||£2 million||£2 million||£2 million||£1 million|
|Theft by tenants cover||Standard||Optional||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Vandalism by tenants cover||Standard||Optional||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Contents accidental damage||Standard||Optional||Standard||Standard||Optional|
|Legal Expenses||Optional||Optional||Standard||No cover||No cover|
|Rent Guarantee||No cover||Optional||No cover||No cover||No cover|
Landlord insurance FAQs
More about LV= landlord insurance
What do I need to know about Landlord Insurance?
What is landlord insurance?
Do I need landlord insurance?
What factors affect our landlord insurance quote prices?
Sometimes the cheapest landlord insurance isn’t the right home insurance. Lots of things can influence the price you pay, here’s what we look at:
There are seven main factors that affect the landlord insurance price we're able to give you:
- The post code of your property. Typically, if your property is in an area which is prone to flooding, you may be more likely to make a claim
- The type of tenancy you have. We'll take into account information relating to the type of tenancy you have.
- The type of building you own. The more rooms and bedrooms in your property, the higher the cost will be to re-build your home or replace your belongings
- The costs of repair and labour. It’s getting more expensive to fix hi-tech items, which can increase the cost of landlord insurance.
- Government initiatives. Changes introduced by the government can sometimes have an effect on your landlord insurance price. For example, the Flood Re scheme, introduced in 2016, is designed to help people living in flood-risk areas.
- The number of claims being made. If the number goes up, due to things like extreme weather events, this could mean the costs to insure your property could go up.
- Severe weather. We assess the likelihood of severe weather conditions happening in the future and how many of our customers may be affected.
To find out more about these factors, read our guide to how we work out the cost of landlord insurance.
Landlord insurance articles
Your tenants could invalidate your insurance, but who’s responsible for what?
The better your property portfolio, the greater your yield. Here’s how to boost your income.
The UK’s landlords are spending more than £600 million on maintaining properties that could be reimbursed through insurance
UK landlords are spending over £600 million in fees that could be reimbursed through insurance
We have a few home insurance options which may suit what you're looking for...
Only need buildings insurance? We've got it sorted. You can get a buildings only policy with us, and you can tailor it to suit you.
Looking for contents only? No worries, we can cover just your contents, plus you can tailor your insurance with a range of optional extras.
Maybe you rent your home? We can help you there too. Our tenants insurance covers what's important to you.