Motor legal expenses
"The accident wasn't my fault!"
Motor legal expenses insurance covers up to £100,000 of legal costs following a car accident caused by someone else, including help with personal injury claims.
- Keep 100% of your personal injury claim compensation (without this, your solicitor may deduct their fees from the amount you receive)
- Recover any lost earnings if you're unable to work
- Defend a motoring prosecution arising from an incident while you were using your car
- Call a free 24/7 legal advice telephone helpline service for any private legal matter
You won't be covered for claims that don’t have a reasonable (more than 50%) chance of success
Guaranteed hire car
“How will I get around without my car?"
Adding guaranteed hire car cover to your insurance means we'll arrange a hire car for you while yours is being fixed by one of our recommended repairers.
- For £19.90 per year, you're guaranteed a small hatchback car
- For £29.90 per year, you're guaranteed a similar sized car to your own (this could be a car with up to seven seats and have a maximum engine size of 2 litres)
- Have use of a hire car for the whole time yours is in the garage
- If your car is stolen or written off, we'll guarantee you a hire car for up to 21 days or for up to 4 days after we have paid your claim - whichever is soonest
- There's no need to organise temporary insurance; we insure the hire car for comprehensive cover
- All you need to pay for is your fuel
We can't give you a hire car if you choose to have your car repaired by a garage that is not part of our recommended repairer service
Increased personal accident cover
"What if I'm seriously injured while using my car?"
Increased personal accident insurance pays out £100,000 if you, your partner or a named driver on the policy suffer a serious injury while travelling in, or getting into or out of your car.
- Receive a lump sum payout of £100,000 for a serious injury (our standard comprehensive policy gives you £10,000 of cover)
- Partners and named drivers on the policy are also covered
- This cover also includes injuries like loss of sight or hearing - for full details of the injuries covered, please refer to the car insurance policy document
- This extra cover is only available if you take out comprehensive insurance with us
You won't be covered if the driver is proven unfit through alcohol or drugs
"Help! My car has broken down!"
Don't worry. Our breakdown cover is there for you whenever your car lets you down.
Adding breakdown to your car insurance policy is cheaper than our standalone product.
- Our choice of five levels of breakdown cover means you only pay for what you need; from our Roadside Assist to UK and European Assist
- Get help if your car breaks down
- Call our 24/7 UK call centre if you need help
- Access to over 4,000 Britannia Rescue professionals; average response time is 47 minutes and 4 out of 5 cars* are fixed at the roadside
Vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition and where appropriate, have an MOT certificate and road tax
*Average response time of 46.51 mins. 95% of 105,749 customers were able to complete their journey. From Agent Performance Report Dec ‘20- May ’21.
Protected no claim discount
Your careful driving has built up your no claim discount, we know you don't want to lose it
- If you have earned four or more years no claim discount (NCD), you can protect it for the life of your policy
- No matter how many claims you make you won't lose your NCD*
- You'll continue to benefit from your no claim discount year after year
*Your discount is protected, but your premium may still increase, for example following an accident or a claim