Travel insurance for travellers over 75
Retirement for you might mean more time to travel to new and exciting destinations. Having travel insurance cover in place before setting off can offer peace of mind for travellers over 75 years old.
At LV=, we offer over 75s travel insurance with a choice of Essential and Premier cover. We also consider all pre-existing medical conditions.
Get your over 75s travel insurance quote and choose the cover that’s right for you.
Why choose LV= over 75s travel insurance?
- Emergency medical cover of up to £10 million (excluding UK cover)
- Up to £10,000 cancellation cover if you’re too ill to travel
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered
- Emergency prescription medication can be covered
- Cruise cover when you choose an annual LV= travel insurance policy (annual policies available up to age 79)
- Choose between Essential or Defaqto 5 Star rated Premier cover
Enhance your travel insurance with our optional extras, including baggage, personal belongings and money cover.
Are there any age restrictions on your policies?
The single trip policy has no upper age limit. Our annual policy is only available to travellers who are aged 79 and under. You can also choose from two different levels of cover - Essential or Premier.
The maximum trip length under an annual multi-trip Premier policy is 90 days, or 31 days under an Essential annual multi-trip policy. On a single trip for over 65s, the maximum trip length is 90 days or 31 days if you’re over 79.
Are pre-existing medical conditions covered with LV= Travel insurance for over 75s?
Even with a pre-existing medical condition, you may still be able to get travel insurance with us. However, you must tell us about all pre-existing medical conditions before you take out the policy.
Is emergency prescription medication covered?
If you run out of prescription medication because you were unable to return home as planned, we can cover the costs of additional medication. If you've taken out optional baggage cover and you lose your medication, we'll cover the cost of replacing it. Full details can be found on your Document of Travel Insurance.
What's the difference between Essential and Premier cover?
We offer two levels of travel insurance to suit your needs - Essential and Premier.
Our Essential policy offers up to £10 million emergency medical cover, £5,000 cancellation cover and £25,000 personal accident cover.
Premier offers everything that Essential does, but increases cancellation cover to £10,000 and has additional benefits including:
- Cover for delays and cancellations after 24 hours caused by for example, bad weather, ash clouds or strikes
- Up to £1,000 if you miss your pre-booked transport eg if you miss your flight because of a delayed train