What to do first
- Report your claim to us online through our travel claims hub. You can do this 24/7 and from anywhere in the world.
- Or call us (0330 6786 225) to report your claim to one of our dedicated claims team members. We'll give you a claim reference number, which you'll need to quote each time you call us.
- We'll check that you're covered by your insurance and explain if you have to pay any excess. The more details you can give us during your first call, the quicker we can process your claim.
- We may ask to see some documents, like photos, invoices or receipts. Don't worry, we'll let you know exactly what we need and how you can send them to us.
The claims team gets to work
- If we've got all the information we need from the documents you sent us, we may be able to settle your claim there and then. We send a direct payment transfer to your personal bank account and you're all done.
- Some claims may be covered by other insurance policies you have through other services, like your home insurance, bank account or mobile phone provider. If you do have any ‘dual cover’ for a claim, we ask for details of your other providers so we can ask for a contribution towards the claim.
What happens next
- If someone else was involved in the incident, we look after all the negotiations with them or their insurance company.
- Depending on the situation, we'll either try to get back all the costs of the claim from the other side, including any excesses you may have paid, or we'll try to settle the claim with the other people involved under the best possible terms.