LV= uses cookies to give you the best experience online and to provide anonymised, aggregated site usage data. You can find out what cookies we use and how you can disable them in our Cookie Policy. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy unless you have disabled them.

skip to main content

Scooter insurance

Insure your scooter from just £85

10% of new customers paid £85 or less (Nov 17 - Apr 18)

Icon of a blue scooter

Here are some of the benefits of choosing LV= to insure your scooter:

Green keys icon

A 5 year guarantee on repairs when you use our recommended repairer

Green helmet icon

Helmet and leathers cover included, so if yours are stolen or damaged in an accident, we'll replace them to make sure you stay safe

Green motorbike and side car icon

Side car and scooter accessories are also included in your cover

Proud to be the UK's most recommended insurer

Call our UK call centre on

0800 316 1225

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays
10am - 4pm Sunday

Calls will be recorded

More and more people in the UK are swapping their car for scooters, mopeds and small motorbikes. Drivers are trading four wheels for two, to try and beat rising fuel prices, as well as avoid congestion on the roads.

What's more, scooters and mopeds are often more economic to run, have fewer CO² emissions and are generally cheaper to insure.

Green scooter icon

Not sure if you have a scooter or a moped?

A moped is usually smaller than a scooter, has a maximum engine size of 50cc and a top speed of about 28mph. Often they have a 'twist and go' (automatic) transmission and, despite the name, don't come with pedals!

A scooter normally has a more powerful engine. They start from 50cc and go up to 150cc, giving them a higher top speed. You can buy automatic and manual transmission scooters.

Choose our motorbike insurance to insure your scooter, moped and motorbike. Give us a call to get a quote and see how much you could save.

What you need to know about riding a scooter

Motorbike theft and how to avoid it

With motorbike, moped and scooter theft becoming a growing issue in the UK, we've compiled some top tips, with help from the metropolitan police, about how to keep your bikes safe from thieves.

Graphic of a green motorbike with a hand in the background. The hand/arm is black and white striped to try and signify a thief

To insure your scooter, give us a call on 0800 316 1225

Need Help?

Sorry, our interactive FAQ service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.