So, how does learner driver insurance work?
- Before you start lessons, you'll need to apply for a provisional licence, which costs around £40.
- It might be worth thinking about these nine things before booking your driving lessons
- You can practice your lessons with a driver who's over 21 years old and has held a full licence for at least three years
- To get your full licence, you'll need to pass a theory test, a practical test and spend time learning about the highway code.
- LV= car insurance covers learner drivers who have their provisional driving licence
If you'd like to add a learner driver to your existing LV= policy, just call us on 0330 678 5111.
Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday and bank holidays 9am - 5pm
Sunday 10am - 4pm
Calls will be recorded
For Text Phone: dial 18001 first
Learning to drive comes with its ups and downs. So, from dents to misfuelling and even lost keys, we've got you covered...
- Windscreen repair and replacement
We’ll cover all the glass in your car under your windscreen cover. Plus, windscreen claims don't affect your no claim discount.
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver.
- Earning No Claim Discount (NCD)
NCD is a discount on your car insurance as a reward for being claim free. You’ll earn a year of NCD for every year you don't make a claim. If you're in an accident that isn't your fault and we recover the cost from the liable driver's insurer, your NCD won't be affected.
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident.
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess.
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen.
Frequently Asked Questions about our learner driver insurance
More about LV= car insurance
We're always in top gear when it comes to car cover
Our awards and recognition
There's plenty more learner driver content to have a read through
To add a learner driver to an existing LV= car insurance policy, please call us
0330 678 5111For Text Phone first dial 18001. Lines open: 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays 10am - 4pm Sunday. Calls will be recorded.