Not sure which type of policy you should you get for your pet? This guide will help you understand the differences between our Lifetime and Time limited cover.
Time limited pet insurance
Time limited cover is designed for pet owners wanting a pet policy that covers the essentials. It will cover your pet for short-term illnesses and injuries, and can be a good option for owners of older pets with pre-existing conditions.
Our Time limited pet insurance offers many benefits, including five complementary treatments (such as acupuncture, hydrotherapy, osteopathy, physiotherapy or chiropractic therapy) for your pet. We also offer up to £2 million third party liability cover if your dog has injured someone or caused damage to someone's property.
LV= Time limited pet insurance will only cover a condition up to the policy limit shown on your policy schedule for maximum of 12 months, even if it occurs again a few years later. As soon as either the monetary limit or time limit has been reached, all cover for that condition stops and there is no more cover available for that condition. This condition will then be known as a pre-existing condition.
Why choose LV= pet insurance?
- Our £10k Lifetime pet policy is Defaqto 5 star rated
- We'll give you a 10% discount when you buy online
- We pay out on 96% of claims (96.41% of pet claims paid between 1 Jan and 31 Dec '19)
- We’ve teamed up with FirstVet to offer our pet insurance customers free 24/7 video consultations with qualified vets. Find out more.
- Away from home and need help? Our Vet Finder helpline connects you with vets wherever you are