Common health problems and illnesses
Although Russian Blues are a fairly healthy cat, when they reach middle age, some can develop hyperthyroidism which is an over productive thyroid hormone, affecting their metabolism. Look out for signs of weight loss despite an increased appetite, and panting .This can be easily managed once treated and they can go on to lead a happy healthy life.
Much the same as humans, cats can also suffer from diabetes. This is where the body does not produce enough or any insulin. Symptoms to look out for are weight loss, increased thirst and urination. Diabetes can be controlled through medication.
Our pet policies explained
- Our Time Limited policies cover an illness or condition (and their related conditions) for a maximum of 12 months from the date of the first treatment up to the limit you choose
- No more claims will be paid once the 12 month limit has been reached
- This cover is most suited for short-term illnesses and injuries
Our Lifetime policies provide cover for all illnesses or conditions that occur in the policy year, up to the policy limit you choose
- The policy limit is then refreshed and applied again at renewal, so you know your furry family member is always covered
- This covers illness and injuries needing cover for longer than 12 months.
Don't forget: if your pet has any pre-existing medical conditions when you take out your policy, we won't cover these or any condition linked to them.