How much life insurance you'll need depends on your own personal circumstances; such as the needs of your family and dependents and taking into account things like your debts and outgoings, including mortgages, loans and credit cards.
Tips to consider when deciding how much cover
- The cost to repay a mortgage and other debts.
- Household bills including food and utilities.
- The cost of raising your children.
- If your partner would have to reduce their hours or leave work to look after your children and how that might affect the household income.
- If you have cover in place already, such as employee benefits and pension plans.
However, if you're unsure how much you need you should speak to a financial adviser.