But we want to do even more to support our customers and communities through difficult times, putting our heart into building better lives.
FamilyLine, supported by LV=
FamilyLine, supported by LV= helps families and individuals to navigate complex family issues and give guidance and advice. This type of support is more important than ever, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, Family Action have seen demand for their FamilyLine service increase dramatically.
Family resilience and COVID-19
To understand more about the impacts of COVID on families, we’ve produced a report with Family Action, Family resilience and COVID-19 which shows:
- One in five parents have experienced financial difficulties during the pandemic, with over one in four expecting their personal finances to get worse over the next year
- Two in five parents say their mental health and wellbeing is worse than a year ago, with a third feeling less confident
- One in 10 – around two million – feel less effective as a parent as a result and 16% say their relationship with their partner has deteriorated
How we’re supporting FamilyLine
Over the next three years, we’re supporting FamilyLine in three ways:
- A financial donation to secure the continuation of the FamilyLive service and growth of new services
- Volunteering opportunities for our people to sign up as a FamilyLine volunteer, befriender or mentor
- Fundraising events for our people, as well as charity matching the money raised
Volunteering with FamilyLine can make a huge difference to the lives of families, by offering emotional support and guidance.
Family Action rely on a network of volunteers to offer support and grow their services to support even more families.