At LV= General Insurance the wellbeing of our people is really important to us
Our objectives for 2023
1 in 4 people experience a mental health condition in any year, so wellbeing and mental health is more important than ever. We owe it to ourselves and each other to take care of our mental health in every way we can.
What are we doing to help?
We work on initiatives to promote a positive sense of wellbeing and to provide support for mental health. Here’s a quick glimpse at just some of the things we're currently working on for 2023:
- A calendar of endorsed wellbeing webinars
- An archive of +100 wellbeing webinars
- Monthly wellbeing newsletters
- Inhouse wellbeing and mental health learning modules
- Coaching for managers to support the wellbeing and mental health of their teams
- Continuous improvement of our current employee wellbeing hub
- Working in partnership with wellbeing experts across the UK
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Raising awareness of different national focus days and weeks
Martin Milliner – Director of GI Claims and our wellbeing sponsor
“I am so proud to work at LV= knowing that our people genuinely care about each other in the most supportive way possible. We put our colleagues happiness and wellbeing first – we want everyone to have a good day and to know that we will be there for them when they need our help".
Mental Health First AidersAlongside our wellbeing network, we have 40 trained Mental Health First Aiders ready to support our colleagues. This year we are recruiting 30 more Mental Health First Aiders to extend our support even further and continue highlighting the importance of talking about mental health.
“I was trained as a mental health first aider in January 2019. I’ve really enjoyed speaking openly and honestly with people about their mental health and providing support where it’s needed. It’s refreshing working for a company that puts its people first."
Imogen Knox, Wellbeing Ambassador and Mental Health First Aider