Making it easy for you to claim on your home insurance
Take a look at our simple claims process
Step 1 - What to do first
- If it's not urgent and you bought your home insurance directly through LV=, the quickest and easiest way to make a claim is to log in or register your account. If you're having trouble logging in, please give us a call. We’ll usually get back to you within two working days but if there’s been severe weather and we’re particularly busy, it might take us a little longer. In case you're not able to log your claim online, please call:
0330 678 5000
From abroad: +44 1202 296762
Telephone lines open:
Mon to Fri 8am - 6pm
Sat 8am - 4pm
Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone, first dial 18001.
- When you report your claim, tell us as many details as you can. The more information you can give us during your first report, the quicker we can process your claim. We’ll check that you’re covered by your insurance and if you’ve any excess you need to pay.
- If you’ve reported your claim online, then we’ll be in touch to run through the details and explain what happens next.
- We may ask to see some documents, like photos, quotes, invoices or receipts. We'll let you know what we need and how you can send them to us.
- After that, we take over, keeping in touch regularly to let you know what's happening.
If you purchased Home Emergency Cover and require home emergency assistance you can use our online notification form or call 0330 678 5246*
*Lines open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For Text Phone, first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.