Making it easy for you to claim on your home insurance
Take a look at our simple claims process
We show you in four easy steps how your claim will be dealt with from your first call to completion.
Step 1 - What to do first
- If it's not urgent and you bought your home insurance directly through LV=, the quickest and easiest way to make a claim is to log in or register your account. If you’re having trouble logging in, please use our online claims form instead. You can also call 0330 678 5000. Our dedicated claim handlers will help you all the way through the process. Lines open 8am-6pm Monday - Friday, 8am- 4pm Saturday. For Text Phone, first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
- When you report your claim, tell us as many details as you can. The more information you can give us during your first report, the quicker we can process your claim. We’ll check that you’re covered by your insurance and if you’ve any excess you need to pay.
- If you’ve reported your claim online, then we’ll be in touch to run through the details and explain what happens next.
- We may ask to see some documents, like photos, quotes, invoices or receipts. We'll let you know what we need and how you can send them to us.
- After that, we take over, keeping in touch regularly to let you know what's happening.
If you purchased Home Emergency Cover and require home emergency assistance you can use our online notification form or call 0330 678 5246*
*Lines open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For Text Phone, first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
Step 2 - the claims team springs into action
- If we asked you for documents, we may be able to validate your claim based on the information you've sent us. We'll settle your claim via a repair, replacement item(s) or a cash payment.
- If not, it's likely we'll organise a supplier to help with your claim. They will contact you within 48 working hours (4 hours if an emergency). In some cases, we may also arrange for an inspector to visit your property.
- If your claim is straightforward, we sometimes give our suppliers full authorisation to process your claim. In this case, they become your first point of contact.
- Once our supplier has validated your claim, they work with you until the claim's settled. Again, your settlement could be repairs, replacement item(s) or a cash payment.
Step 3 - What happens next
- If we identify that a third party is liable for your damage or loss, we will look to recover costs of the claim from the other side, including any excess you may have paid.
- Some claims may be covered by other insurance policies you have through other services, like a travel provider, bank or mobile phone provider. Where dual cover is in force, we will ask for this information and seek a contribution from the other insurer.
Step 4 - Completion
- Once everything has been finalised and payments made, your claim is then closed.
- You can still get in touch if you have any questions about your claim - we'll be very happy to help.