Common health problems and illness
A common condition in all breeds, you may notice early signs such as your cat struggling to urinate or urinating more often. This is caused by an inflammation of the bladder. Make sure that your cat is drinking lots of water and seek veterinary advice if you're worried.
Persians can suffer from eye conditions due to the fact they have flat faces. If the cornea gets scratched, it can develop into a cornea ulcer. Treatment is available so it's best to seek your vet's advice.
Our pet policies explained
Time Limited pet policies
- Our Time Limited policies cover an illness or condition (and their related conditions) for a maximum of 12 months from the date of the first treatment up to the limit you choose
- No more claims will be paid once the 12 month limit has been reached
- Cover most suited for short-term illnesses and injuries
Lifetime pet policies
- Available for cats under 10 and dogs under eight years old
- Our Lifetime policies provide an amount of cover (up to the policy limit you choose) for all illnesses or conditions in a policy year. This amount refreshes at renewal.
- Cover for long-term illness and injuries
Don’t forget – if your pet has any pre-existing medical conditions when you take out your policy, we won’t cover these or any condition linked to them.
This article contains links to other sites, and we're not responsible for the contents of any of these websites.
All content is approved by our in-house advisory board of experts.