Making a claim is simple with LV=
Got LV= pet insurance? Making a claim is quick and easy. If you need to make a claim but you're not sure where to start, just follow our handy guide. Once you've submitted your claim, we'll take care of the rest.
Making a claim: first things first
- If you've had to take your poorly pet to the vet and need to make a claim, download a claim form (or call us on 0800 756 8567 to request one. 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 2pm Saturday. closed bank holidays. Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone dial 18001 followed by the desired number)
- If you decide to go to another vet for a second opinion, you must call us before the appointment
- Please call us if you need to make a liability or accidental damage claim
Things you'll need to complete your claim form
If you're making a claim for vet fees, we'll need the following:
- A claim form fully completed by you and your vet.
- A fully itemised invoice (or receipt) for the treatment you are claiming for
- Your pet's clinical history
Once you've filled in the claim form and gathered all the information, you can return this to us by:
- Email: [email protected]
- Post: LV= Pet Claims Department, The Connect Centre, Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth PO2 8QL.
If your vet wants to fax the claim form to us our number is: 0330 102 5753
Settling your claim
- If someone else was involved in the incident, we look after all the negotiations with them or their insurance company
- If your vet is happy for us to pay them directly, we can do this. Remember to pay your vet any amount that isn't covered by your pet insurance. e.g. policy excess
- Once everything has been finalised and payments made, your claim is then closed. You can still get in touch if you have any questions about your claim - we'll be very happy to help