Let's make sure you have the right sum insured...
- The sum insured is the maximum amount that we will pay out to you in the event of a claim, so, your contents need to be insured for the amount that it would cost to replace them as new
- It's good practice to re-evaluate your contents on a regular basis, this could be after Christmas or birthdays especially if expensive items have been bought
- For more information, read our handy guide on valuing the cost of your contents
To keep your stuff safe tell us about your belongings...
- The total cost of the contents in your home - this amount should include all of your contents plus valuables, bicycles and personal possessions. Our contents cover is on a new for old basis
- Details of any valuables* worth more than £2000 individually that you have in your home, you'll need to let us know if you'd like these items covered outside of the home as well
- How much cover you'll need for belongings you take away from the home worth less than £2000 individually such as mobile phones, cameras and glasses
- The make, model and value of any bikes you'd like to cover away from the home
* Jewellery, watches, furs, items made of gold, silver and other precious metals, pictures and other works of art, including stamp, coin and medal collections