Kitchen blurred background

Buy to let insurance

Protect your investment with our buy to let insurance 

Get a landlord quote
Landlord insurance

Buy to let insurance from LV=

Whether you’re already a landlord or are considering investing in a buy to let property, it’s essential to get the right buy to let insurance. This ensures your investment is protected if things go wrong. 

Standard home insurance isn’t suitable for rental properties, so you need tailored buy to let insurance. It not only covers you for incidents such as flooding, fires, burst pipes and broken windows, but provides wider benefits for peace of mind. 

WHAT's covered?

So, what's included with buy to let insurance?

  • Cover for accidental damage, vandalism and theft by your tenants as standard*
  • Loss of rent or the costs of alternative accommodation if there’s damage to your rental property and it becomes uninhabitable

* Background checks on tenants will be required 


What else comes with our Landlord Insurance? We're glad you asked

  • Up to £1M buildings cover that includes damage by fire, storm, flood and subsidence
  • Up to £5,000 for trace and access (the cost of finding the source of a water or oil leak and repairing damage caused in gaining access)
  • Replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen
  • Up to £5,000 for unauthorised use of metered supplies
  • Up to £5m to cover your legal liability as a landlord

policy documents

Grab a cuppa and have a read of our policy documents

You can get this and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by contacting us