What optional extras can I choose to enhance my home insurance?
- Full accidental damage for contents, to cover accidents such as spilling paint on a carpet
- Full accidental damage for buildings, to cover accidents such as putting your foot through your loft floor
- Personal belongings cover for when you're away from home for items such as jewellery, watches and cameras
- Legal expenses for up to £100,000 to cover legal disputes and claims
- Home emergency cover to help assist with emergencies such as a broken boiler or pest infestations
What's home legal expenses cover?
- with unfair dismissal or other employment disputes
- claim compensation if you're injured and it's not your fault
- protect your legal rights as a home owner e.g. a boundary dispute
- with a dispute relating to goods owned or services you've bought
Any claim must have more than a 50% chance of the case being successful.
What's home emergency cover?
It can be stressful when things go wrong at home. Our 24-hour home emergency cover offers £500 cover for each emergency - with no excess on claims, cover includes:
- Boiler breakdown (your boiler must be less than 15 years old and serviced in the last 3 years)
- Tackling infestation by pests such as wasps or rats
- Plumbing emergencies like leaking pipes
- Lost or stolen house keys - we'll help you get into your home and make it secure
- The cost of repairs by approved tradespeople to make your home safe, prevent more damage and restore hot water and heating where possible
This isn't a home maintenance contract so boiler servicing and replacing worn out parts are not included. We also cannot cover warm air, solar, under floor, oil fired, LPG or propane heating systems.
You can only get home emergency cover if you've got our home buildings insurance.
If you've taken out LV= Home Emergency cover and need assistance:
We can arrange for emergency assistance or repairs for you by answering a few simple questions and submitting your request online.
Report a Home Emergency online
Or call the Home Emergency team on:
0800 028 5988
Lines open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Once notified of the incident and we've verified that your claim is covered, we'll arrange for an approved tradesperson to come out to your home and assist with the problem, making sure that the emergency gets sorted out as quickly as possible.
How can I add optional extras to my home insurance?
You can pick and choose which extras you want at any time during your policy - just call us on 0800 633 5212 to make your changes.
Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm
Sat and bank holidays 9am - 5pm
Sun 10am - 4pm
Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone first dial 18001
All content is approved by our in-house advisory board of experts.