TESLA - The Car Brand of the Future ?
When looking for the best in electric cars, Tesla is a pretty good place to start
Tesla is an all-electric car manufacturer boasting four innovative models; Model S, Model X, Model 3, and Model Y.
The Tesla electric vehicles host a whole range of safety features including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking as well as…
- Three-position dynamic LED turning lights
Full LED adaptive headlamps which improve visibility at night
- Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Helping to achieve 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 2.5 seconds
- Side impacts
Aluminium pillars are reinforced with steel rails to reduce damage and intrusion
- Bio-Weapon Defence Mode
The HEPA air filtration system removes at least 99.97% of pollution, allergens and bacteria
- Six airbags
These protect the front and rear occupants with the power source automatically disconnected.
- Surround cameras
Allowing for 360-degree vision which helps with driving and parking alike
- Model 3
The Tesla Model 3 is fully electric and can accelerate 0-60 mph in as little as 3.2 seconds.
- Safety is the most important part of the Model 3 design. The metal structure is a combination of aluminium and steel, for maximum strength in every area. In a roof-crush test, Model 3 resisted four times its own mass, even with an all-glass roof.
- Some Model 3s have two independent motors. The motors digitally control torque to the front and rear wheels – for better handling and traction control. Your can drive on either motor, so you never need to worry about getting stuck on the road. If one motor stops working, you can safely continue to your destination with the second.
- Model Y
Model Y is fully electric with a 298 mile range and can go from 0 to 60mph in 3.5 seconds. It can carry 7 passengers and is designed to be the safest vehicle in its class. The low centre of gravity, rigid body structure and large crumple zones provide driver and passengers with ultimate protection.
- The interior of Model Y is simple and clean, with a 15-inch touch screen and a glass roof which creates extra headroom and provides a seamless view of the sky. Each second row seat is able to fold flat independently, creating flexible storage and space.
- As with all new Tesla cars, Model Y comes with safety features such as emergency braking, collision warning, blind-spot monitoring and more. Model Y will also have full Self-Driving as well as the ability to come find you anywhere in a car park…yes, you read that right!
For more information visit Tesla's website.
So, are you ready to go electric?
Learn more about the nuts and bolts of our cover – the policy documents are all here
You can get these and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by dropping us a line.