Why choose LV= to insure your Peugeot
Join over 83,000 like-minded people who insure their Peugeot with us
83,332 people insured their Peugeot with us (correct at 1 February 2023)
Here's what you'll like about our comprehensive cover...
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident's not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay - as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your petrol or diesel car with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the car's engine*
*If you accidentally use E10 rather than E5 there’s no need to drain the tank, just fill with E5 next time.
- European cover
Get covered in the EU for up to 180 days a year at the same level as your UK cover. Perfecto! Find out more about driving in the EU.
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount - you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We'll replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident - even if there's no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
Have an electric Peugeot? All this is included as standard...
- Recovery to the nearest chargepoint
Run out of charge in the UK? We'll recover you to the nearest chargepoint. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables
Charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors are covered for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover
Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Over the air monthly updates (OTA)
OTA updates are covered as standard when you insure your electric vehicle with us, but if you or the previous owner paid for additional performance upgrades affecting speed or acceleration, we'll need to know. You'll only need to tell us once and not everytime you upgrade.
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
Peugeot Safety features
Most newer Peugeots have a number of beneficial safety features
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is a smart safety system that automatically applies the car's brakes if the driver doesn't react quickly enough to a hazard ahead, the system can help avoid or mitigate potential collisions.
- Blind spot monitors give you plenty of warning if there's something in your way when you're manoeuvring by activating a light in your wing mirrors.
- Most Peugeot models come with ESP (Electronic Stability Programme). It can detect the first signs of a sideways skid and compensate by reducing power and braking individual wheels to help you regain control and avoid a crash.
- Hill Assist - when the car's on a slope, Hill Assist keeps the brakes on for about two seconds after you lift your foot off the brake pedal, making it much easier for you to pull away, less likely stall and prevents the car from rolling back.
Peugeot e-208 and e-2008 insurance
So, where do Peugeot stand on electric cars?
Here's the lowdown:
Peugeot’s electric and hybrid vehicles feature technologies which are kinder to the environment, so let's take a look.
The Peugeot e-208 and e-2008 models are fully electric, with the e-208 boasting up to 225 miles of driving time on a full charge with no CO2 emissions, and the e-2008 providing a 214 mile range.
Alongside the pure electric e-208 and e-2008, Peugeot also offer plug in hybrids in their 508 and 3008 ranges.
Peugeot also have concept diesel hybrid cars, the L500 R Hybrid and the 308 R Hybrid, which both offer eco-friendly driving through their Hybrid4 technology.
These environmentally-friendly diesel hybrid cars are powered by both a diesel engine and an electric motor, which helps with fuel efficiency and low emissions.
For more information visit Peugeot's website.
So, are you ready to go electric?