Why choose LV= to insure your Kia?
Join over 60,000 like-minded people who insure their Kia with us
60,439 people insured their Kia with us (figures correct at September 2020)
Here's what you'll like about our comprehensive cover...
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident's not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay - as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your petrol or diesel car with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the car's engine
- European cover
Get the same level of cover as you have in the UK in the EU for up to 180 days a year. Perfecto!
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount - you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We'll replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident - even if there's no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
Have an electric Kia? All this is included as standard...
- Recovery to the nearest chargepoint
Run out of charge in the UK? We'll recover you to the nearest chargepoint. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables
Charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors are covered for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover
Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Over the air monthly updates (OTA)
OTA updates are covered as standard when you insure your electric vehicle with us, but if you or the previous owner paid for additional performance upgrades affecting speed or acceleration, we'll need to know. You'll only need to tell us once and not everytime you upgrade.
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
Kia Safety features
Most newer Kias have a number of beneficial safety features
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) helps you stay in lane on the road. If you lose concentration and start to stray from your lane (moving out of it without indicating), the instrument cluster alerts you.
- Kia's Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and Emergency Stop Signalling (ESS) help in emergency situations. AEB can identify critical situations early and alert the driver. It can also brake for you, potentially avoiding a collision or at least reducing the severity of a crash by lowering the speed of collision.
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) checks the air pressure inside the tyres and warns you if it drops below the recommended level. It can give you an early warning of a slow puncture so you'll be less likely to have a 'blow out'.
Learn more about the nuts and bolts of our cover – the policy documents are all here
You can get these and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by dropping us a line.