Why choose LV= to insure your Honda?
Join over 122,000 like-minded people who insure their Honda with us
122,386 people insured their Honda with us (figures correct at 10 January 2022)
Here's what you'll like about our comprehensive cover...
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident's not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay - as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your petrol or diesel car with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the car's engine*
*If you accidentally use E10 rather than E5 there’s no need to drain the tank, just fill with E5 next time.
- European cover
Get covered in the EU for up to 180 days a year at the same level as your UK cover. Perfecto! Find out more about driving in the EU
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount - you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We'll replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident - even if there's no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
Have an electric Honda? All this is included as standard...
- Recovery to the nearest chargepoint
Run out of charge in the UK? We'll recover you to the nearest chargepoint. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables
Charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors are covered for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover
Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Over the air monthly updates (OTA)
OTA updates are covered as standard when you insure your electric vehicle with us, but if you or the previous owner paid for additional performance upgrades affecting speed or acceleration, we'll need to know. You'll only need to tell us once and not everytime you upgrade.
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
Honda Safety features
Most newer Hondas have a number of beneficial safety features
- Multi-Angle Rear view Camera with Dynamic Guidelines - the rear view camera lets you get a better view of what's behind you with three different angles: normal, top-down and wide so you can see obstacles that would normally be out of your line of sight.
- Traffic sign recognition - Honda's traffic sign recognition technology detects important road signs and alerts you on your dashboard, helping you to not miss important information and be a safer driver.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) can help to keep you in the middle of your lane. If you begin to leave the centre of a detected lane without signalling, the steering compensates to keep you centred.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is a smart safety system that automatically applies the car’s brakes. So if the driver doesn’t react quickly enough to a hazard ahead, the system can help avoid or mitigate potential collisions.
Learn more about the nuts and bolts of our cover – the policy documents are all here
You can get these and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by dropping us a line.