Most newer Citroëns have a number of beneficial safety features
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is a smart safety system that automatically applies the car's brakes if the driver doesn't react quickly enough to a hazard ahead, the system can help avoid or mitigate potential collisions.
- Lane Departure Warning System - uses a camera fitted to the upper part of the windscreen to monitor lane markings. If you cross these lines at speeds higher than 40mph without indicating, it'll alert you and gently correct the car's line. It's designed to prevent unintentional lane changes due to tiredness or inattention.
- Citroen Connect Box- in case you have an accident or a sudden health problem, you can push the 'SOS' button and it'll instantly contact the emergency services. If there's a more serious incident, the SOS will activate automatically. If you were to breakdown, you can push on 'chevron' button and it'll alert Citroën Assistance, automatically sending your location and an initial fault report from the car's on-board diagnostic system.
- Park Assist finds a suitable space then guides the car into it. All you have to do is change gears, accelerate and brake. It'll keep you informed with sounds and a picture on the screen.
- Hill Start Assist functionality helps you set off or manoeuvre on hills. When you release the brake pedal, the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) automatically keeps the brakes on for up to two seconds, giving you time to move your foot from the brake to the accelerator without the vehicle rolling forwards or backwards on a slope.