Vans are a great way to explore the world around you, but do you know your ABS from your ESC?
But with great fun, comes great responsibility – check out below some of the bonus safety features that come with a newer Vauxhall Vivaro.
Vauxhall Vivaro safety features
Many newer Vauxhall Vivaro models come with the latest safety features
- LED Daytime Running Lights come as standard on the Vivaro, making the van more visible to other drivers – no matter what time of day it is.
- The latest Vivaro models feature blind-angle mirrors, helping to widen visibility when parking, changing lanes or performing more complex manoeuvres.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) is a system that helps keep the vehicle on the road if sensors detect a reduction (or total loss) of traction. If this happens, ESC will apply the brakes to help ‘steer’ the vehicle where the driver wants to go and potentially avoid any collisions with other drivers.
- Anti-lock braking (ABS) also comes as standard on newer Vivaro models.
For more information click here.
Why choose LV= to insure your Vivaro?
Join over 1,600 like-minded people who insure their Vauxhall Vivaro with us
1,675 people insured their Vauxhall Vivaro with us (figures correct at September 2020)
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your van? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your van with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the van's engine
- European cover
Get the same level of cover as you have in the UK in the EU for up to 180 days a year. Perfecto!
- Vandalism promise
If your van is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We’ll replace your child car seats if your van has been in an accident – even if there’s no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
What's not covered...
- Hire and reward use
If you're a courier or delivery driver we can't cover you unfortunately – you'll need to get a specialist hire and reward policy
- Any business tools or equipment
If you're a builder, for example, there will be no cover for any tools or goods in your van during a theft, fire or accident
- Use of a van if you select ‘replacement hire car’
Depending on what you choose, your replacement vehicle will either be a small hatch back or similar-sized car up to 2.0 litre and 7 seats
Learn more about the nuts and bolts of our cover – the policy documents are all here
You can get these and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by dropping us a line.