Vans are a great way to explore the world around you, but do you know about your van's safety features?
But with great fun, comes great responsibility – check out below some of the bonus safety features that come with a newer Renault Trafic.
Renault Trafic safety features
Many newer Renault Trafic models come with the latest safety features
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) is a system that helps keep the vehicle on the road if sensors detect a reduction (or total loss) of traction. If this happens, ESC will apply the brakes to help ‘steer’ the vehicle where the driver wants to go and potentially avoid any collisions with other drivers.
- The double aspheric door mirror helps making manoeuvres a doddle, by showing the wheels of your van while parking – meaning you can avoid ‘curbing’ your wheels or damaging your tyres when parking in residential areas.
- The disconnectable passenger airbag allows you to install a rear-facing child seat in total safety. An indicator light tells you that the system has been disabled and it’s safe to install the child seat.
Why choose LV= to insure your Trafic?
Join over 1,200 like-minded people who insure their Renault Trafic with us
1,299 people insured their Renault Trafic with us (figures correct at 1 February 2023)
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your van? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your van with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the van's engine*
*If you accidentally use E10 rather than E5 there’s no need to drain the tank, just fill with E5 next time.
- European cover
Get covered in the EU for up to 180 days a year at the same level as your UK cover. Perfecto! Find out more about driving in the EU.
- Vandalism promise
If your van is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We’ll replace your child car seats if your van has been in an accident – even if there’s no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
What's not covered...
- Hire and reward use
If you're a courier or delivery driver we can't cover you unfortunately – you'll need to get a specialist hire and reward policy
- Any business tools or equipment
If you're a builder, for example, there will be no cover for any tools or goods in your van during a theft, fire or accident
- Use of a van if you select ‘replacement hire car’
Depending on what you choose, your replacement vehicle will either be a small hatch back or similar-sized car up to 2.0 litre and 7 seats