Vans are a great way to explore the world around you, but do you know about your van's safety features?
But with great fun, comes great responsibility – check out below some of the bonus safety features that come with a newer Mercedes Vito.
Mercedes Vito safety features
Many newer Mercedes Vito models come with the latest safety features
- Optional Collision Prevention Assist acts like an extra pair of eyes on the road, constantly looking ahead and warning the driver if there isn’t enough space between them and the vehicle in front – first through a warning light, then a warning tone if the space continues to shrink.
- Optional Lane Keeping Assist uses a camera on the inside of the windscreen to register lane markings, while the system monitors the driver's actions in order to determine whether a lane change is intentional or not. If the system senses erratic driving, it will send wheel vibrations and visual signs to warn the driver. Clever stuff.
- Crosswind Assist uses ADAPTIVE ESP® sensor technology to detect instability caused by gusty wind conditions. The system applies the brakes to selected wheels to stabilise the vehicle and increase safety for the driver and other drivers.
- It’s common to become weary at the wheel – especially on long journeys. Thankfully, Attention Assist can pick up typical signs of drowsiness and alert the driver through a combination of audio and visual signals.
Why choose LV= to insure your Vito?
Join over 1,300 like-minded people who insure their Mercedes Vito with us
1,305 people insured their Mercedes Vito with us (figures correct at July 2021)
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your van? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your van with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the van's engine*
*If you accidentally use E10 rather than E5 there’s no need to drain the tank, just fill with E5 next time.
- European cover
Get covered in the EU for up to 180 days a year at the same level as your UK cover. Perfecto! To tow abroad, you may need to apply for a Green Card.
- Vandalism promise
If your van is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We’ll replace your child car seats if your van has been in an accident – even if there’s no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
What's not covered...
- Hire and reward use
If you're a courier or delivery driver we can't cover you unfortunately – you'll need to get a specialist hire and reward policy
- Any business tools or equipment
If you're a builder, for example, there will be no cover for any tools or goods in your van during a theft, fire or accident
- Use of a van if you select ‘replacement hire car’
Depending on what you choose, your replacement vehicle will either be a small hatch back or similar-sized car up to 2.0 litre and 7 seats
Learn more about the nuts and bolts of our cover – the policy documents are all here
You can get these and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by dropping us a line.