Vans are a great way to explore the world around you, but do you know about your van's safety features?
But with great fun, comes great responsibility – check out below some of the bonus safety features that come with a newer Ford Transit.
Ford Transit safety features
Many newer Ford Transit models come with the latest safety features
- All Transit Passenger Vans include a Safety Canopy System with a full-length, side-curtain airbag, providing an extra level of protection should your van take a side shunt from another vehicle.
- The standard Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) uses a tyre pressure sensor to send information to the on-board computer. A warning light then indicates when tyre pressure is significantly low, so you can stop off and check for punctures or bring the tyre pressure back up to the correct level.
- Standard Roll Stability Control (RSC) gives enhanced side-slip control and electronic rollover stability. Using gyroscopic sensors to monitor vehicle roll motion and the rate of turning, it helps keep all four wheels of the vehicle firmly planted to the road.
- The rear view camera provides a video image of what’s directly behind your vehicle when you’re in reverse. Coloured guidelines then give the driver a handy visual reference to help with the alignment of the vehicle as it backs up.
Read more about the safety features.
Why choose LV= to insure your Transit?
Join over 6,000 like-minded people who insure their Ford Transit with us
6,568 people insured their Ford Transit with us (figures correct at 1 February 2023)
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your van? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your van with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the van's engine*
*If you accidentally use E10 rather than E5 there’s no need to drain the tank, just fill with E5 next time.
- European cover
Get covered in the EU for up to 180 days a year at the same level as your UK cover. Perfecto! Find out more about driving in the EU.
Vandalism promiseIf your van is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We’ll replace your child car seats if your van has been in an accident – even if there’s no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
What's not covered...
- Hire and reward use
If you're a courier or delivery driver we can't cover you unfortunately – you'll need to get a specialist hire and reward policy
- Any business tools or equipment
If you're a builder, for example, there will be no cover for any tools or goods in your van during a theft, fire or accident
- Use of a van if you select ‘replacement hire car’
Depending on what you choose, your replacement vehicle will either be a small hatch back or similar-sized car up to 2.0 litre and 7 seats