Why choose LV= to insure your Mini?
Join over 59,000 like-minded people who insure their MINI with us
59,551 people insured their MINI with us (correct at 1 February 2023)
Here's what you'll like about our comprehensive cover...
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident's not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay - as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your petrol or diesel car with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the car's engine*
*If you accidentally use E10 rather than E5 there’s no need to drain the tank, just fill with E5 next time.
- European cover
Get covered in the EU for up to 180 days a year at the same level as your UK cover. Perfecto! To tow abroad, you may need to apply for a Green Card.
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount - you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We'll replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident - even if there's no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
Have an electric MINI? All this is included as standard...
- Recovery to the nearest chargepoint
Run out of charge in the UK? We'll recover you to the nearest chargepoint. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables
Charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors are covered for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover
Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Over the air monthly updates (OTA)
OTA updates are covered as standard when you insure your electric vehicle with us, but if you or the previous owner paid for additional performance upgrades affecting speed or acceleration, we'll need to know. You'll only need to tell us once and not everytime you upgrade.
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
Mini Safety features
Most newer MINIs have a number of beneficial safety features
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is a smart safety system that automatically applies the car's brakes if the driver doesn't react quickly enough to a hazard ahead, the system can help avoid or mitigate potential collisions.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) - if you start to veer off course, DSC adjusts the engine torque and applies brake force to individual wheels where needed to help get the car back under control.
- Runflat tyres have reinforced, heat resistant rubber side walls to keep their shape in the event of a puncture, preventing a blowout and allowing you to keep driving at speeds up to 50 MPH, so you can get home or to a place where you can get the tyre changed.
- Dynamic brake lights - if you have to brake in an emergency, the dynamic brake lights will start to flash, alerting the vehicles behind you that you're braking hard. Your hazard warning lights then automatically activate.
- Rear view cameras and Park Assist - the rear view camera adds helpful markings to the dashboard screen to help you park. Park Assist helps you find a space, then automatically guides your Mini into it - without you needing to touch the steering wheel.
Mini Electric insurance
So, where do MINI stand on electric cars?
Here's the lowdown:
- 3- door Hatch
MINI have recently launched their fully electric 3-door Hatch which boasts a driving range of 145 miles on a single charge, better still costing just 4p per mile.
The 3-door hatch can be charged in 35 minutes and there's an 8 year (or 100,00 miles) warranty on the battery.
For more information visit MINI's website
So, are you ready to go electric?