Why choose LV= to insure your Mercedes?
Join over 138,000 like-minded people who insure their Mercedes with us
138,363 people insured their Mercedes with us (figures correct at September 2020)
Here's what you'll like about our comprehensive cover...
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident's not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay - as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- Misfuelling cover
Accidentally filled your petrol or diesel car with the wrong fuel? It happens. We pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the car's engine
- European cover
Get the same level of cover as you have in the UK in the EU for up to 180 days a year. Perfecto! You'll need a Green Card when driving abroad. To apply, fill in this application
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount - you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We'll replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident - even if there's no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen
Have an electric Mercedes? All this is included as standard...
- Recovery to the nearest chargepoint
Run out of charge in the UK? We'll recover you to the nearest chargepoint. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables
Charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors are covered for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover
Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Over the air monthly updates (OTA)
OTA updates are covered as standard when you insure your electric vehicle with us, but if you or the previous owner paid for additional performance upgrades affecting speed or acceleration, we'll need to know. You'll only need to tell us once and not everytime you upgrade.
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
Mercedes Safety features
Most newer Mercedes have a number of beneficial safety features
- Heads Up Display (HUD) lets you see important driver information (like speed limits or navigation instructions) into your field of vision so you don't have to take your eyes off the road.
- Distronic Plus assistance cruise control system automatically keeps the car a safe distance from the vehicle in front by braking when needed and accelerating again when it's clear. It also works in stop-start traffic for safer, more comfortable driving.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is a smart safety system that automatically applies the car's brakes if the driver doesn't react quickly enough to a hazard ahead, the system can help avoid or mitigate potential collisions.
- Adaptive brake lights - If you have to brake hard, the adaptive brake lights warn vehicles behind you by flashing rapidly. If you come to a stop from a speed above 40 MPH the hazard warning lights also activate, so drivers behind you can react quicker and hopefully avoid a collision.
- LED Intelligent Light System adapts to light and driving conditions for better visibility on country roads and motorways and when turning or cornering. They also provide a more natural light with reduced glare.
Learn more about the nuts and bolts of our cover – the policy documents are all here
You can get these and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by dropping us a line.