We make it simple for you to claim on your car insurance
Here's the process in four easy steps
Need to make a claim? Here is what to do first
Call us on 0800 032 2577* to report your claim to one of our dedicated claims team members. We check that you're covered by your insurance and explain if you have to pay any excess. The more details you can give us during your first call, the quicker we can process your claim. Below is the most important details you could provide us with:
- The person you had the accident with
Their name, Address, telephone number, vehicle registration
- Photo/video upload for either car
Photos of the damage to the cars, dashcam footage
After you have had your call with us we will send you a link where you will be able to upload your photos/videos.
- Any witnesses?
Contact number is the most important
Their name and address would be nice to have but it's not essential
*Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone first dial 18001. Lines are open 24/7.
The claims team springs into action
- We arrange for your vehicle to be repaired. If your vehicle's beyond repair, we may class it as a total loss (or write off). If your vehicle is too badly damaged to drive then we'll arrange to collect it.
- If you have our guaranteed hire car cover, we make sure you've got a car to use while yours is out of action. And, if you've been hurt, we can organise legal help to look after that side of your claim.
- If your vehicle is able to be repaired, you can use one of our recommended garages to get it fixed. This allows us to manage the full repair process, from estimating the damage, to returning your vehicle once the work's complete. Our recommended repairers also provide you with a Lifetime guarantee on repairs (when using our recommended repairer service, for as long as you own the vehicle. Labour only, excludes parts). If there is an excess to pay*, you need to pay this to the garage once repairs are completed.
- If there's extensive damage to your vehicle and your car needs to be written off, then we'll arrange for an engineer to value your vehicle. We always check that you agree with the valuation before continuing. If there's an excess to pay, this will be taken out of the valuation.
*If you don't use an LV= Recommended Repairer you will need to pay an additional £200 excess and we can't offer a courtesy car (if you have this cover) or warranty on the repairs.
What if my car can't be repaired video
View video transcript
What happens next?
- If someone else was involved in the incident, we look after all the negotiations with them or their insurance company.
- Depending on the situation, we'll either try to get back all the costs of the claim from the other side, including any excesses you may have paid, or we'll try to settle the claim with the other people involved under the best possible terms.
- Once everything has been finalised and payments made, your claim is then closed
- You can still get in touch if you have any questions about your claim - we'll be very happy to help
To help give you a better understanding of how the claims process works have a read of our claim scenarios
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Got a question about our car insurance?