The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) provides information about different countries and regions within those countries. The latest advice from the FCDO can be found online at www.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo.
Some general pre-travel suggestions:
- Research local laws and customs before you travel
- check out medical requirements by visiting www.nhs.uk/livewell/travelhealth or your GP at least six weeks before you travel
- If you're taking any medication, make sure it is allowed in the country/countries you're visiting - even some general cold remedies are banned / illegal or require a prescription in some countries
- Make copies of important travel documents or store them online using a secure data storage site
- Understand what the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office can and can't do for travellers
We're not responsible for the content of other websites.
Haven't found what you're looking for? No worries, you can read all of our FAQs here.