The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) provides information about different countries and regions within those countries. The latest advice from the FCDO can be found online at www.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo.
Some general pre-travel suggestions:
- Research local laws and customs before you travel
- check out medical requirements by visiting www.nhs.uk/livewell/travelhealth or your GP at least six weeks before you travel
- If you're taking any medication, make sure it is allowed in the country/countries you're visiting - even some general cold remedies are banned / illegal or require a prescription in some countries
- Make copies of important travel documents or store them online using a secure data storage site
- Understand what the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office can and can't do for travellers
We're not responsible for the content of other websites.