LONDON, December 6, 2017 – Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society (LV=) has today announced the executive team that will lead the LV= General Insurance business as part of its strategic partnership with Allianz Group.
With effect from 28 December 2017, the structure of the LV= General Insurance executive team will be as follows:
- Steve Treloar will become Chief Executive of the General Insurance business, reporting into Alan Cook who will be the new Chairman. Alan will also continue to be Chairman of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society.
- Heather Smith, currently Digital Director, will be promoted to Chief Customer Officer where her responsibilities will expand to include Direct Marketing as well as the Digital team. Heather has a wealth of experience in Marketing, having previously been Marketing Director for Aviva Direct.
- The Claims sourcing team will move to report into Martin Milliner, who will remain as Claims Director. This will ensure that the Claims process is managed end-to-end in one function.
- The Broker and Direct businesses will continue to be managed by Mike Crane and Selwyn Fernandes who remain as Managing Directors of their respective business functions.
- Hugh Kenyon will also continue in his role as Pricing Director and Keith Misson will remain as Business Change Director.
- Kevin Wenzel will join LV= General Insurance as Chief Financial Officer from Allianz UK where he is currently Chief Actuary. He has a wealth of experience in finance, having held a number of actuarial roles over a period of almost 20 years. As a result of Kevin joining the team, we’re working with Kieran O’Keeffe to explore other opportunities within LV=.
- Gavin Drescher has been promoted to IT Change Delivery Director where he will be responsible for managing all the IT functions across the General Insurance business.
- Peter Sinden has been appointed as Strategy, Transformation and Engagement Director. He will be responsible for the transformation of the General Insurance business into its new entity and will also be accountable for Internal Communications.
- The roles of Chief Risk Officer and HR Director currently remain vacant and the recruitment process will start shortly.
Commenting on the new structure, Steve Treloar said: “I’m delighted to have appointed my new executive team. This is an exciting time for our General Insurance business and I’m confident that we will continue to build on our excellent foundations, grow our business and achieve our goal of becoming the go-to personal lines insurer in the UK.”