Insurance FAQs

Can LV= landlord insurance cover me?

We can't insure you if:

  • You're a commercial landlord and the property is used for business purposes
  • You want to insure more than 4 residential properties
  • You only wish to insure landlord's contents
  • You let the property for periods of less than 6 months (unless the property is in Scotland)
  • You are a property developer or investor, letting or managing agent, housing or residents association
  • You've made more than 2 claims relating to landlord insurance (e.g. buildings, landlord's contents or liability claims) in the last 5 years
  • You've had an insurance contract cancelled or declared void due to a breach of a policy condition or misrepresentation
  • You've been convicted of a criminal offence other than spent convictions or motoring offences
  • You've been subject to any bankruptcy, insolvency or winding up procedures you've been the subject of a County Court Judgement or Scottish equivalent
  • If you live abroad temporarily or permanently, we're unable to cover you. If you're currently abroad on holiday, you can get a new quote online at or by calling one of the team on +44 1202 292333

    Lines open:
    Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm
    Sat 9am - 5pm
    Sun 10am - 4pm
    For Text Phone first dial 18001
    Calls will be recorded.

We can't insure you if the property:

  • Is in Northern Ireland or outside the UK
  • Has previously been flooded or is currently under an Environment Agency Flood Warning
  • Has suffered from, or is showing any signs of, subsidence, landslip or heave
  • Isn't built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slate, tiles, metal, asphalt or concrete
  • Isn't in a good state of repair or is undergoing renovation, structural repairs or alteration
  • Is unoccupied
  • Is sub-let
  • Is used as bed & breakfast, holiday home or care & support accommodation
  • Made up of bed-sits (room only accommodation where the tenants share kitchen or bathroom facilities)

Get a landlord insurance quote