Insurance FAQs

How do I continue my insurance on another car when I have made a total loss claim on my LV= car insurance?

We'll record your insurance as a total loss on the Motor Insurers Anti Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR). We'll also update the Motor Insurers Database (MID) to show that your original car is no longer insured.

If you want your insurance to continue on another car please call our motor service team on 0800 633 5211 within 60 days of the settlement. If you don't your policy will be cancelled and we won't refund any premium.

Lines open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays
10am - 4pm Sunday

Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone: dial 18001 first.