- LV= provides reassurance to customers affected by Luton fire
- Insurer guarantees all customers will get home and equipped with courtesy cars
- The major insurer will waive excesses and promises no claims discount won’t be impacted
- Insurer is organising for staff to be on the ground to support customers
With around 1,500 vehicles affected from today’s devastating fire at Luton airport, LV= General Insurance is expecting to see around 200 customers impacted and as part of its support is guaranteeing customers will get home and be equipped with transport in the short-term while arrangements are made to quickly settle their claim. In addition, the insurer will be waiving excesses, and promised no claims discounts won’t be impacted for customers as part of its support. Where possible, LV= will also look to settle claims before customers return to the UK.
Once it’s safe to do so, a team from LV= will be onsite at Luton airport to provide assistance to affected customers.
Martin Milliner, Claims Director at LV= General Insurance, comments: “As a major insurer we’re here to support customers when the worst happens and we want them to feel supported and protected. That’s why we’re making our promises to ensure any affected customers get home safely and easily when returning to the UK. Not only are we guaranteeing to transport customers home, we’re also waiving excesses and protecting no claims discount because it’s the right thing to do. We hope this reassurance to customers provides them with some comfort during what is a stressful time.”
LV= is proactively trying to reach customers who could be affected but for anyone wishing to contact the insurer, they can call 0330 678 5550.
Notes to editors
For further information please contact:
Natasha King, LV= General Insurance Senior Press Officer, [email protected], 07443 237651
About Liverpool Victoria General Insurance
- LV= General Insurance provides car, home, pet, travel, landlord, breakdown and home emergency insurance to around 6.5 million customers in the UK.
- We’re the UK’s third largest personal lines insurer with just over £2 billion in annual premium in income.
- We offer our products and services directly to consumers as well as through intermediaries, including brokers, affinity partners and IFAs.
- LV= General Insurance uses the LV= brand under licence from the Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Group.
- We are part of the Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 125 million retail and corporate customers.
- Within the Allianz Group, LV= General Insurance forms part of Allianz Personal, one of the largest personal lines insurers in the UK, with gross written premiums of £2.6 billion, almost 8 million customers and around 4,000 employees. Allianz Personal comprises LV= General Insurance, Petplan, Home & Legacy and Allianz Musical Insurance.
- The LV= General Insurance newsroom includes links to our news release archive and image library.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here
- Follow us on social media:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/lv
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lv-general-insurance
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/lv
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/LV-LiverpoolVictoria
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lv_liverpoolvictoria/