LV= General Insurance (LV= GI) has teamed up with its network of bodyshop repairers and charity partner Family Action to provide customers with the option to opt out of having a courtesy car and instead donate £25 to Family Action.
The incentive has been launched following a trial of the scheme, with £600 already raised to help families across the UK. The donations go towards Family Action’s FamilyLine service, which provides practical, and emotional support and guidance to those who are experiencing financial hardship, disadvantage and social isolation across the country.
Michael Golding, LV= General Insurance Network Manager, comments: “I’m thrilled to see that our courtesy car donation trial has been welcomed by network partners and customers, and by expanding the scheme I hope we can get more involved. It’s a fantastic initiative for the network, while supporting such a worthwhile cause and raising money to support so many families across the UK. It’s been a great experience working with Family Action and their team who do a fantastic job, and I’m pleased we’ve been able to work with them to create this scheme.”
Graham Roberts, Commercial Director at ABL, comments: “ABL 1 Touch Ltd are extremely pleased to see LV= continuing their support of Family Action this year, and will be donating £35 per case, where a courtesy car is not supplied. Last year our staff were very engaged and proud to see our business donate to such a worthy cause. We are excited to be supporting Family Action again this year, which will help the most vulnerable families across the UK.
“I encourage all LV= network repairers to get involved and lets collectively raise as much money as possible whilst donating in the name of those willing customers who choose to opt out of their courtesy car entitlement.”
David Holmes CBE, Chief Executive of Family Action, comments: “Every family deserves comfort and joy at Christmas, but with the high costs of food and utilities, many will find their holiday season stressful and difficult, and it does seem, this year, that Christmas magic is in short supply.
“This is where organisations like LV=, and their customers, come in and we want to thank them for their extremely generous donations. With their support, more families will be able to keep the magic of Christmas alive.”
Notes to editors
For further information please contact:
About Liverpool Victoria General Insurance
- LV= General Insurance provides car, home, pet, travel, landlord, breakdown and home emergency insurance to around 6.5 million customers in the UK.
- We’re the UK’s third largest personal lines insurer with just over £2 billion in annual premium in income.
- We offer our products and services directly to consumers as well as through intermediaries, including brokers, affinity partners and IFAs.
- LV= General Insurance uses the LV= brand under licence from the Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Group.
- We are part of the Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 125 million retail and corporate customers.
- Within the Allianz Group, LV= General Insurance forms part of Allianz Personal, one of the largest personal lines insurers in the UK, with gross written premiums of £2.6 billion, almost 8 million customers and around 4,000 employees. Allianz Personal comprises LV= General Insurance, Petplan, Home & Legacy and Allianz Musical Insurance.
- The LV= General Insurance newsroom includes links to our news release archive and image library.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here
- Follow us on social media:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/lv
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lv-general-insurance
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/lv
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/LV-LiverpoolVictoria
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lv_liverpoolvictoria/