- New ‘fuss free’ product targets younger generation of drivers with flexible monthly car cover based on their personal circumstances.
- Flow promises drivers will always get our most competitive price, regardless of whether they’re a new or existing customer.
- Simplified product includes no admin fees or instalment charges.
With driving habits changing and people adapting to the ‘new normal’ as a result of COVID-19, LV= General Insurance (LV= GI) has launched a monthly car insurance subscription - Flow – a new ‘fuss free’ product which offers drivers flexible car cover with tailored monthly pricing based on their personal circumstances, without incurring admin fees.
Flow offers a different type of insurance cover and talks to a millennial ‘on the go’ generation that potentially has perceptions of a complicated product that takes ages to sign up for, locks you in to a long contract and charges for making changes.
The new type of online only cover from LV= rel="noopener noreferrer" GI – available at lv.com/flow – puts drivers in complete control, with a significantly shorter question set, no long-term commitment, no instalment charges and the freedom to change or cancel their policy whenever they like, with no additional costs.
Rather than make potential customers go through a long question set before they can receive a quote, Flow simply asks drivers to upload a picture of their driving licence, answer 14 straightforward questions and then calculates the best possible price. Additionally, as part of simplifying the insurance journey, any existing no claims discount a customer holds plays no part in the amount they pay – the premium is based exclusively on a customer’s claims history and their specific circumstances.
The new model guarantees that the customer will always get the best price, regardless of whether they are a new or existing customer. After running a quote, customers are presented with a fixed price for the first month and a guaranteed maximum price for each of the following three months.
The standard Flow policy includes comprehensive, uninsured driver and misfuelling cover and makes adding or removing drivers easy. For only £2 extra a month, policy holders are given the guaranteed use of a hire car if their car is being repaired, or has been stolen or written off.
Heather Smith, Managing Director of LV= GI Direct, said:
“The way people buy products and services online has changed enormously, and it’s important that the process of taking out car insurance evolves in the same way. Flow gives drivers a simplified insurance experience, with a quick journey, competitive pricing and the flexibility to change their policy as and when they want to, at a click of a button.
“There’s no admin fees, no instalment charges and you don’t need an existing no claims discount to get the best price. Whatever drivers want to do – change the mileage, change the driver or even change the car – Flow means it can be done quickly and easily.”
Monthly car insurance subscription is the first product that will sit under the Flow brand, with additional products currently being explored.
About Liverpool Victoria General Insurance
- LV= General Insurance provides car, home, pet, travel, landlord breakdown and home emergency insurance to over 7 million customers in the UK.
- We’re the UK’s third largest personal lines insurer with just over £2 billion in annual premium income.
- We offer our products and services directly to consumers as well as through intermediaries, including brokers, affinity partners and IFAs.
- LV= General Insurance uses the LV= brand under licence from the Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Group and the L&G brand under licence from the Legal & General Group.
- We are part of the Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers.
- The LV= General Insurance newsroom includes links to our news release archive and image library.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here.
- Follow us on twitter.
- Follow us on LinkedIn.