Insurance FAQs

What is a motoring conviction?

You can get a motoring or driving conviction for a number of offences, from using a mobile phone behind the wheel to driving without insurance.

When you apply for motor insurance, you’ll generally be asked to declare details of any motoring convictions you’ve had within the last 5 years. If you need more information or are having trouble finding cover, visit the ABI or Gov UK.