Firstly, the most important thing is to make sure you're safe. If nobody's been hurt, then stay calm and follow these steps:
- If another person or vehicle was involved; exchange details including, names and addresses, phone numbers, registration numbers, makes and models.
- If the other vehicle is a lorry, you should take a note of the number on the cab and the trailer insurers and policy numbers.
- If the other vehicle is registered in a foreign country, make a note of what country it's from and the 'green card' number - this helps us contact the UK representatives.
- Avoid discussing who was to blame, even if you think it's obvious.
- It may also help us to sort out the claim sooner if you let us have any photographs taken at the scene or can provide details of any CCTV cameras covering the area where it happened.
- Jot down names and addresses of any witnesses and details of the police (if they attended).
- Lastly, when you're home safely, give us a call on 0800 032 2577*. You can ask someone else to report the claim but we'll need to talk to you about it afterwards; we'll take all details during the initial phone call and there are no forms to complete.
*Lines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone first dial 18001