Increased personal accident cover
"What if I'm seriously injured while using my car?"
Increased personal accident insurance pays out £100,000 if you, your partner or a named driver on the policy suffer a serious injury while travelling in, or getting into or out of your car.
- Receive a lump sum payout of £100,000 for a serious injury (our standard comprehensive policy gives you £10,000 of cover)
- Partners and named drivers on the policy are also covered
- This cover also includes injuries like loss of sight or hearing - for full details of the injuries covered, please refer to the car insurance policy document
- This extra cover is only available if you take out comprehensive insurance with us.
Guaranteed hire car
“How will I get around without my car?"
Adding guaranteed hire car cover to your insurance means we'll arrange a courtesy car for you while yours is being fixed by one of our recommended repairers.
- For £18.31 per year, you're guaranteed a small hatchback hire car.
- For £27.51 per year, you're guaranteed a similar sized hire car to your own (this could be a car with up to seven seats and have a maximum engine size of 2 litres).
- Have use of a hire car for the whole time yours is in the garage
- If your car is stolen or written off, we'll guarantee you a hire car for up to 21 days or for up to 4 days after we have paid your claim - whichever is soonest.
- There's no need to organise temporary insurance; we insure the hire car for comprehensive cover
- All you need to pay for is your fuel
"Help! My car has broken down!"
Our breakdown cover is there for you whenever your car lets you down.
- Choose from three levels of breakdown cover means you only pay for what you need; choose from UK Recovery, UK Recovery & Home Assist and UK & European Assist
- Get help if your car breaks down
- Access to over 4,000 Britannia Rescue professionals; 4 out of 5 cars* are fixed at the roadside
- Call our 24/7 UK call centre if you need help
- Vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition and where appropriate, have an MOT certificate and road tax.
- Our average response time is 46 minutes* - let’s keep you moving
*Average response time of 45.06 mins. 95.14% of customers were able to complete their journey, based on 97,407 jobs From Agent Performance Report Feb - July '20
Protected no claim discount
Your careful driving has built up your no claim discount - you don't want to lose it
- If you have earned four or more years no claim discount (NCD), you can protect it for the life of your policy.
- No matter how many claims you make you won't lose your NCD*
- You'll continue to benefit from your no claim discount year after year
*Your discount is protected, but your premium may still increase, for example following an accident or a claim.