Legal information

The small print on our products

Legal Product Information at a glance


General insurances are underwritten by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited (LVIC), registered in England and Wales no: 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number: 202965.


Read below to understand which products are offered by which LV company. 

Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited

Car Insurance; Home Insurance; Travel Insurance; Pet Insurance; Landlord Insurance; Breakdown Insurance; Classic Car Insurance; Electric Car Insurance; Multi Car Insurance; Motorcycle Insurance; Caravan Insurance.



If you have a complaint about any part of the service you receive from us, it’s important that we know about it, so we can help put things right. You can let us know by giving us a call on 0330 1239970  (for TextPhone, dial 18001 first). Or, you can write to us at: Box 2, LV=, County Gates, Bournemouth. BH1 2NF. Your complaint will be dealt with promptly and fairly and in line with the Financial Conduct Authority’s requirements, and if you want more information on how we handle complaints, please contact us.

If we can't resolve your complaint, the Financial Ombudsman Service may be able to help you. Their service is free for you but you'll need to contact them within six months of receiving our final response letter.

Their website is which includes more information about the service, including details of the various ways they can be contacted.

You can also register a complaint with the European Union’s Online Dispute Resolution platform. Their website is The ODR will simply pass your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Financial Services Compensation Scheme

We take great care to manage our affairs sensibly. If we ever did get into financial trouble and couldn’t honour our commitments, you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

The compensation you could get depends on the type of product you have.

Compulsory Insurance (e.g. 3rd party motor insurance)
100% of the claim, and the maximum compensation is unlimited.

Non-compulsory Insurance (e.g. home and general)

90% of the total claim, and the maximum compensation is unlimited.

For more information go to or call 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.