Travel insurance with coronavirus cover
We’ve made some important changes to our cover for new customers and existing customers renewing with us.
Some examples of what we'll cover:
- Medical and repatriation costs if you become unwell with any coronavirus (including COVID-19) or contagious disease
- If your trip or holiday has to be cancelled because you or a travelling companion are diagnosed with any coronavirus (including COVID-19) or contagious disease and are unable to travel
- Emergency repatriation costs to bring you home if the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) impose travel restrictions (while you're at your destination), either in the UK or at your destination, and has requested you to return to the UK
Some examples of what we don't cover:
- Costs because you decided to cancel your trip or holiday if you don’t want to travel due to any coronavirus (including COVID-19) or contagious disease
- Costs because the FCDO or public authorities have imposed travel restrictions or a lockdown
- Additional transport or accommodation costs after you left home because the FCDO imposed travel restrictions or lockdown either in the UK or at your destination.
We'll deal with what could go wrong. All you need to do is remember your passport.
(And a good book, obviously.)
- We provide cover to travellers over 65 (life begins at 60, after all)
- Going in a group? No worries, we can insure up to ten people on one policy
- We offer up to £10 million of emergency medical cover (excluding UK cover)
What's not covered...
- Destinations we’ve not agreed to cover
- Claims relating to a pandemic (including COVID-19), except where cover has been expressly stated. Find out more.
- Cancellation due to you not wishing to travel
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless we’ve agreed to cover
- Delay (Essential), or delay under 12 hours (Premier)
- Holiday cancellation due to delays (Essential)
- Refreshment costs for delays under 12 hours (Essential and Premier)
COVER LEVELS - ESSENTIAL
We offer two levels of insurance. Here's what you'll get with our Essential cover
- Up to £10 million of emergency medical cover, if you need it
- Up to £5,000 if you have to cancel your trip, cut it short, or cancel activities / excursions for a reason that wasn't your fault, eg due to illness
- And cruise cover is included all aboard our annual policies. Happy sailing!
Are you struggling to find the cover you need because of an existing medical condition?
If we can't cover your medical condition, or the premium is higher than you expected, help is still available…
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have worked with firms to create a Medical Cover Firm Directory. The directory lists all the firms that may be able to provide a policy to cover your medical conditions.
A little extra info never hurt anyone, have a read of our policy documents
You can get this and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by contacting us