Why Choose LV=?
Our electric car insurance cover is designed for the next generation of vehicles
Here's what's included as standard:
- Recovery to the nearest chargepoint if you run out of charge in the UK. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay
- Cover for charging cables, wall boxes and adaptors for accidental damage, fire and theft
- Battery cover for accidental damage, fire and theft – even if you’re leasing it separately from the car
- Over the air monthly updates (OTA) are covered as standard when you insure your electric vehicle with us, but if you or the previous owner paid for additional performance upgrades affecting speed or acceleration, we'll need to know. You'll only need to tell us once and not everytime you upgrade.
- Plus, you'll enjoy lifetime guarantee on repairs (when using our recommended repairer service, for as long as you own the vehicle. Labour only, excludes parts)
And if you choose our optional hire car cover:
- We’ll provide the use of an electric or hybrid hire car if your green machine is off the road
What else is covered?
You'll get the same brilliant features you expect from our regular car insurance, too
From European cover to lost keys, here's what you'll like about our comprehensive cover:
- Accidental damage cover
Scratched or dented your electric car? We pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
- Uninsured driver promise
If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
- European cover
Get the same level of cover as you have in the UK in the EU for up to 180 days a year. You'll need a Green Card when driving abroad. To apply, fill in this application
- Vandalism promise
If your electric car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess
- Replacement child car seats
We’ll replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident – even if there’s no apparent damage
- New locks and keys
If your keys are lost or stolen. After all, accidents happen...
See how our electric car insurance stacks up
|Recovery to the nearest charge point if you run out of charge in the UK
|Replacement keys if lost or stolen
|Provide more than £150 personal belongings cover|
|£500 cover for onward journey/hotel expenses
|£250 or more in medical expenses
Did you know...
- Far from being an invention of modern times, fully electric cars first appeared at the beginning of the 20th century – with models such as the Studebaker Electric and the Detroit Electric leading the way
- A number of major car manufacturers have stated they will only be producing fully electric cars or hybrids
- After pressure to bring the date forward, the sale of new pure diesel and petrol cars will be banned in the UK from 2030
A little extra info never hurt anyone, have a read of our policy documents for new customers
You can get this and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by contacting us.