Flybe cease trading

What do I do now that Flybe has stopped trading?

If you have an Essential policy there is no cover on your LV= travel policy for this situation; however the information below may help you get your costs back from elsewhere.

If you have a Premier policy you have cover under Section L: If your transport, accommodation or excursion provider goes bankrupt of the LV= travel policy.  Before that cover applies you must have tried to reclaim any lost costs from all available alternatives.

 Here's what you need to do: 

  • Refer to CAA's advice and support for Flybe
  • If you paid using a Credit or Debit card, please contact your card issuer or Bank first as you may be able to claim via the Consumer Credit Act or by doing a Chargeback
  • If you paid by any other means, such as PayPal, please check with the payment provider to see if you can claim a refund
  • You should also contact Flybe directly if possible and follow the advice they are giving

If you were issued with an ATOL certificate when you booked you may be protected by the ATOL consumer protection scheme, here you will find information on making a claim and the latest news on companies that have failed that had ATOL protection.

Once you have checked and confirmed you are unable to get compensation for all your lost or additional costs you will be able to make a claim on your LV= Premier policy.

Please call us on 0800 707 6967* to make a claim or if you need additional support.

*Lines open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Calls will be recorded. For TextPhone dial 18001.