Insurance FAQs

I have a European Health Insurance card (EHIC). Do I need travel insurance?

Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is still valid after 31 December 2020 until your card expires, so remember to take it with you. If you don’t have one, you can now apply for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) here. From the 1 January 2021 the GHIC and EHIC is accepted in all EU countries but not Norway, Iceland, Switzerland or Liechtenstein. The EHIC or GHIC entitles you to reduced cost or free state healthcare in the countries you visit.

However, not all medical costs are covered by these health agreements, so your travel insurance will cover you for all other medical expenses, including bringing you home if you're too unwell to complete your trip.

Find out more and get a quote for LV= travel insurance online - or call us on 0800 022 3919. Lines are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday

9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays

10am - 4pm Sunday

Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone: dial 18001 first.