LV= uses cookies to give you the best experience online and to provide anonymised, aggregated site usage data. You can find out what cookies we use and how you can disable them in our Cookie Policy. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy unless you have disabled them.

skip to main content

Product legal information

All about our products and underwriting

Large green heart


General insurances are underwritten by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited (LVIC), registered in England and Wales no: 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number: 202965.

Financial Advice

Financial Advice is provided by Liverpool Victoria Financial Advice Services Limited (LVFAS). LVFAS, registered in England No. 3027145, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 186890. LVFAS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited (LVFS).

Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited
Flexible Guarantee Bond; Life Protection; Life and Critical Illness Protection; Income Protection; Flexible Protection Plan; LV= Life Insurance.
Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited
Motor Insurance; Home Insurance; Travel Insurance; Pet Insurance; Landlord Insurance; Breakdown Insurance; Classic Car Insurance; Motorcycle Insurance; Caravan Insurance.
LV Equity Release Limited
Lifetime Mortgage; Flexible Lifetime Mortgage.


If you have a complaint about any part of the service you receive from us, it’s important that we know about it, so we can help put things right. You can let us know by calling us on 01202 292333 (for TextDirect, dial 18001 first). Or, you can write to us at: Box 2, LV=, County Gates, Bournemouth. BH1 2NF. Your complaint will be dealt with promptly and fairly and in line with the Financial Conduct Authority’s requirements, and if you want more information on how we handle complaints, please contact us.

If we can't resolve your complaint, the Financial Ombudsman Service may be able to help you. Their service is free for you but you'll need to contact them within six months of receiving our final response letter.

Their website is which includes more information about the service, including details of the various ways they can be contacted.

You can also register a complaint with the European Union’s Online Dispute Resolution platform (or ODR). Their website is The ODR will simply pass your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Financial Services Compensation Scheme

We’ve been in business since 1843, and take great care to manage our affairs sensibly. If we ever did get into financial trouble and couldn’t honour our commitments, you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

The compensation you could get depends on the type of product you have.

Compulsory Insurance (e.g. 3rd party motor insurance)
100% of the claim, and the maximum compensation is unlimited.
Non-compulsory Insurance (e.g. home and general)
90% of the total claim, and the maximum compensation is unlimited.
Long Term Insurance (e.g. pensions and life assurance)
100% of the total claim. For life assurance, the scheme's first responsibility is to seek continuity of life assurance rather than to pay compensation.
100% of the first £85,000 of each depositor's claim.
100% of the first £50,000. For investments, the scheme’s first responsibility is to seek continuity of investment rather than to pay compensation.

The actual level of compensation you receive will depend upon the basis of your claim.

For more information go to or call 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.