The rules for travelling with your pet have changed from 1 January 2021.
The new rules for dogs, cats and ferrets are:
- They must be microchipped
- They must be vaccinated against rabies, although your pet must be at least 12 weeks before they can be vaccinated
- A period of 21 days must pass after the primary vaccination before you can travel
- A dog must be treated for tapeworm between 24 and 120 hours before arriving if you are travelling to a tapeworm free country
- You must visit your vet within 10 days of your EU trip for an animal health certificate
For more information on travelling with your pet after Brexit, visit our Brexit hub.