Common health problems and illnesses
Chronic renal failure
Older cats develop this inherited condition, the symptoms include loss of appetite, vomiting and excessive thirst. Make sure that you seek veterinary advice if you're worried.
Retinal Atrophy affects cells that convert all light received in the eye. If your Abyssinian is having issues with their night vision please take them to your vet, if left untreated this could result in blindness.
Our pet policies explained
- Our Time Limited policies cover an illness or condition (and their related conditions) for a maximum of 12 months from the date of the first treatment up to the limit you choose
- No more claims will be paid once the 12 month limit has been reached
- This cover is most suited for short-term illnesses and injuries
- Our Lifetime policies provide cover for all illnesses or conditions that occur in the policy year, up to the policy limit you choose
- The policy limit is then refreshed and applied again at renewal, so you know your furry family member is always covered
- This covers illness and injuries needing cover for longer than 12 months
Don't forget: if your pet has any pre-existing medical conditions when you take out your policy, we won't cover these or any condition linked to them.